What God has in store for me in 2010...

"When you come looking for me, you’ll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed. God’s Decree." Jeremiah 29:13-14 (The Message)

I love my life. I love the story God has written for me so far; He is the most creative Author I know. I do not desire to write my own life story. I desire something more extraordinary than what I could ever imagine for myself. In 2010, I want to be more strategic about creating "space" for God to move...and allow Him to make this year more extraordinary than ever before. Lord, this is Your blank canvas; this is Your blank journal. I am only a tool that records Your masterpiece. Do what You do best...produce something extraordinary from this ordinary child. I wait expectantly, with my typing fingers in position :)

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Here are a few of the many special things about our Daddy. This was written by Mommy, but I know the girls are blessed by them, too.

1. After a long day of work, Daddy always sits on the seat next to LittleBit's highchair so that he can feed her. He knows that Mommy had to feed her throughout the day, and she is ready to sit down and actually enjoy a warm meal.
2. When Daddy sees either of his girls, his whole face lights up and enthusiastically shouts, "Hi, Beautiful!" like he's never seen anything so precious in his life. I love that they'll never have to doubt their worth and true beauty, because they've been told by their daddy how beautiful they are every single day of their lives.
3.  All of us love the fun Parry lingo Daddy started in our family, like "Tootie-kissie" and "Bear (ROAR) Hug" and "Noggin."
4. Whenever possible, Daddy gets Peanut up and has breakfast with her. One of her favorite things to do is to "have cereal with Daddy." I love watching the two of them sit next to each other and throw cheesy smiles at each other as they eat their bowl of cereal.
5. Daddy slowly drives away from the house in the morning, so Peanut can wave to him from the window.
6. When we go to parties, Daddy always makes sure to keep the girls busy so that Mommy can get food and eat (hmm, this post has been very revealing about how much Mommy loves to eat).
7. Whenever possible, Daddy lets the girls help him with his projects/tasks.
8. Daddy loves to get on the floor and play with them! This does not come naturally for Mommy, so I'm thankful that they have such a fun Dad.
9. Daddy ALWAYS has Mommy's back (especially when it comes to discipline). Daddy and Mommy are always on the same team.
10. For all of these and more, we think our Daddy is the very best God chose for us, and we can't thank Him enough! Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment