What God has in store for me in 2010...

"When you come looking for me, you’ll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed. God’s Decree." Jeremiah 29:13-14 (The Message)

I love my life. I love the story God has written for me so far; He is the most creative Author I know. I do not desire to write my own life story. I desire something more extraordinary than what I could ever imagine for myself. In 2010, I want to be more strategic about creating "space" for God to move...and allow Him to make this year more extraordinary than ever before. Lord, this is Your blank canvas; this is Your blank journal. I am only a tool that records Your masterpiece. Do what You do best...produce something extraordinary from this ordinary child. I wait expectantly, with my typing fingers in position :)

Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Beginning

Well finally I am writing my first post. In December, my husband and I watched Julie & Julia on DVD.  After watching this film, I was inspired to start my own personal blog in addition to our family blog that I already have. Somehow my husband decided to jump on board on this idea as well; not only that, he beat me to it by starting his blog on New Year's Day.  His blog is daily updated after reading a day's portion of the One Year Bible. I wasn't sure exactly what type of approach I was going to take for my blog, and I also knew I couldn't start mine on New Year's Day like he did, since I just delivered our new baby on New Year's Eve! Our church was approaching our annual season of Prayer & Fasting, and I decided to use this time to really seek God on how He wanted me to orchestrate my personal blog for 2010.
After spending more intentional time with God and His Word during the fast, I came away with two main personal goals for 2010:
1. In 2010, I want to strategically concentrate more on my love relationship with Jesus and what He wants to do in my life. I realized my mind is constantly consumed by the affairs of my family. I'm always wondering how my husband and children are doing physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.  While that is not a bad thing to focus on, I realized I don't spend nearly as much time thinking about how I'm doing in all those areas. When I pray, I'm always praying for our family, our affairs, our needs, etc.  I was reminded that my first priority should be "God and me" and discovering each chapter of this incredible, personal, unique life story God has written for no one else but me.  That is why I wanted to be sure that this blog is separate from our family blog.
2. In 2010, I believe God desires to increase boldness in me, which will lead this year to be more extraordinary than ever before. If you know me at all, you know that boldness is not a natural character trait that I possess. I'm all about peace, harmony, and avoiding confrontations at all cost.  I'm always amazed by the natural boldness I see in my husband.  However, in order for this year to be more extraordinary, I believe God desires for me to do my part by producing increased boldness.  How this will unfold specifically I don't even know, but I'm willing to step up to the plate in order to discover all that God has for me this year (please stay up to date with my blog to find out :).
The two main goals above were confirmed to me by the message our pastor delivered during the fast called "Creating Space for God." It was about intentionally creating space for God to work His wonders in your life.  Creating this space can come in many forms such as praying, fasting, and giving. I intend to use this blog as one way for me to create more space for God in my life.  I don't have a specific theme or structure for this blog.  I just want God to write His extraordinary story as it unfolds, and how exciting that I get to take part of it in this small way.  I hope that you will join me on this journey!

1 comment:

  1. Maria, this is great! I love what you said about prayer (taking time to focus on God working through you) and boldness. Both points ring true for me, too. I look forward to reading your posts! -Julie

    ReplyDelete