What God has in store for me in 2010...

"When you come looking for me, you’ll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed. God’s Decree." Jeremiah 29:13-14 (The Message)

I love my life. I love the story God has written for me so far; He is the most creative Author I know. I do not desire to write my own life story. I desire something more extraordinary than what I could ever imagine for myself. In 2010, I want to be more strategic about creating "space" for God to move...and allow Him to make this year more extraordinary than ever before. Lord, this is Your blank canvas; this is Your blank journal. I am only a tool that records Your masterpiece. Do what You do best...produce something extraordinary from this ordinary child. I wait expectantly, with my typing fingers in position :)

Monday, April 12, 2010

Simple Trust, Health, and Finance

When I decided to create this blog, one of the key ingredients I wanted this blog to have is authenticity. I wanted what I write to be straight from my heart, from the true current condition of my heart.  Right now, in all honesty, things are not all that peachy for our family.  There are two main areas that I'm lifting up in prayer a lot right now: my family's health and finance.  Health: Whether it's headaches, stomach bugs, or cold viruses, it seems like no common illness has left our family alone these past several months.  It's been the worst for Allan.  Along with his occasional headaches and allergy problems, he had caught every illness that Peanut has gone through.  The most recent cold virus seemed to affect even our baby, LittleBit.  I am ready for our family to be free of any kind of sickness.  Finance: Bottom line, we need a supernatural breakthrough from God in the area of our finance.  Allan is working hard (without much break) in this difficult real estate market, and we are still chugging along in our home-based supplement business.  Our income has not been steady these last few months, and we are quickly drying out our emergency fund.  We have a few different financial situations caught in a "limbo" that we are seeking resolution on.
In all of this, I know that God is faithful. He has never failed us, and I know that He will continue to take care of us.  This is a season that we're going through; a season that will increase our faith and bring our family closer to God.  Through my Bible readings, I've been coming across a lot of verses on "childlike faith."
Mark 10:15, 27 (The Message)
Mark this: Unless you accept God's kingdom in the simplicity of a child, you'll never get in.  
Jesus was blunt: "No chance at all if you think you can pull it off by yourself. Every chance in the world if you let God do it."
It made me think about the kind of trust a child has.  My LittleBit is only three months old, and yet in her face I can see the sense of security she feels when she's held in my arms.  No questions asked, no arguments, no doubts. She simply trusts me to take care of her, and I am human! I can easily fail her.  Yet I sometimes have a hard time trusting God, who will never fail me, with the same kind of faith.  I try to figure it out on my own, or I let worry overtake me.
Well, I am using today's post as my declaration of childlike faith. My Father will take good care of us, and this season will prove to be another testimony of His faithfulness to me.  I will not let the spirit of fear or worry influence my actions.  I will not stop bringing my family to church and putting Peanut in the nursery (even if that's where she's more exposed to germs kids carry).  We will not stop participating in tithes and offerings to the church we 100% believe in.  A church that pours so tirelessly into leading people all over the world to experience God and get a taste of His goodness.  We know without a doubt that these are eternal investments we are making, which will bring infinitely grander results than any earthly investments we can make.
Psalm 36:7-9 (New King James Version): How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of your wings. They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house, And You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures. For with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light (italics mine).
This is God's promise. I choose to soak it up, and with simple faith, I accept its entirety as the absolute truth.  It already is true in my life. I am abundantly satisfied with the fullness of life He gives me. Things aren't always easy, but I can always take refuge in the shadow of His wings.
Lord, continue to build this simple faith in me. I desire to live under Your care and nowhere else. I know that Your desire is for me to live life to its fullest, life as You intended for me.  I'm believing that our family will continue to drink from the abundance of Your house.  I'm believing that You will not only meet our financial needs, but You will continue to satisfy us with Your provisions. The notes on my Bible referred to the "river of (His) pleasures" as river that gives life and health wherever they flow. Lord, I pray the flow of this river will take over any kind of health issue that is taking place in our physical bodies.  In Jesus' name, I pray that You will remove any presence of illness and restore our family to full health.  To God be all the glory and praise. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Maria...just catching up on your blog. You are so amazing and I can't wait to see what God has in store for your family! I only wish we could be in Jax to witness it first hand! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete