What God has in store for me in 2010...

"When you come looking for me, you’ll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed. God’s Decree." Jeremiah 29:13-14 (The Message)

I love my life. I love the story God has written for me so far; He is the most creative Author I know. I do not desire to write my own life story. I desire something more extraordinary than what I could ever imagine for myself. In 2010, I want to be more strategic about creating "space" for God to move...and allow Him to make this year more extraordinary than ever before. Lord, this is Your blank canvas; this is Your blank journal. I am only a tool that records Your masterpiece. Do what You do best...produce something extraordinary from this ordinary child. I wait expectantly, with my typing fingers in position :)

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sweet Confirmation

Well, just as I was the last one in the family to catch the stomach bug, it turned out that I was the last one in the family to catch this cold virus.  As a mother I've learned that what's almost as difficult to experience as taking care of a sick child is myself being sick when I have children to feed and care for. The worst of the storm was yesterday for me, and thankfully, I'm feeling much better today.
Needless to say, we are still in midst of the trials I mentioned in my last post.  This week, as I continued to seek God through these trials, He gave me some sweet confirmations (or encouragement) to let me know that I was on the right track, that I was handling these current situations exactly the way He wants me to.
On Wednesday, I attended our weekly Celebration Sisterhood gathering at church.  Pastor Kerri spoke on the topic of endurance.  Every major point she challenged us with during the message was something I experienced this past week. The following is a summary of her message and how each point related to me personally (which are typed in italics):
Endurance = not just the ability to bear the hard thing, but to turn it into glory.  Quote from my last post: "this season will prove to be another testimony of His faithfulness to me."
Hebrews 12:1 (New King James Version): let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.
We must set ourselves to finish strong in this race.
In order to finish strong, we should ask ourselves these five questions.
Q1 - What am I thinking about? Am I filling my mind with doubt, fear, and worry, or am I filling my mind with what are listed in Philippians 4:8 (things that are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, and of good report)? I've been making a conscious effort to focus on the goodness of God, with childlike faith, instead of letting worry take control of my mind.
Q2 - Who am I listening to? I must abide in Jesus and His Word (John 8:31-32). When I feel overwhelmed with our situation, instead of calling a trusted friend/family immediately, I first ran to Jesus and His Word. I've also stayed away from social networking this week, and except on the days I was sick, I've been spending time with God and His Word first thing in the morning, before anyone else in the house was awake. 
Q3 - What am I talking about? Am I speaking words of faith; am I confessing my hope in God (Heb 10:23)? I've been using this blog as one of the primary ways to express God's faithfulness to me. 
Q4 - Where am I going?  Am I planted in the house of God (Psalm 92:12-15)? Even if I wasn't feeling 100%, I made sure to make it to both Celebration Sisterhood meetings this week.
Q5 - What am I remembering? Instead of looking back, focus my eyes on where I'm headed (Philip 3:12-14). But if I am to remember something, remember these things: faithfulness of God, the day He rescued me (salvation), the current post (season) He has assigned me to, and the people God placed in my life.  The day before I heard this message, I had made a list of all the major events in my life when God proved Himself to be faithful.  
Please know this. I'm not blogging all this to brag or to say that I've got it all figured out. I don't. I fall short constantly, and there's still a lot for me to learn. My faith definitely still has plenty of room to grow.  I just know that in these current trials I'm facing, I can say that I have been turning to God wholeheartedly. In turn, God has been sending me these sweet, specific confirmations to let me know that I'm doing this right.  This is the way He desires for me to face my troubles, to lean not on my own strength and wisdom but on His.  Our health and financial challenges are not resolved yet, but bringing every ounce of it to God and trusting Him to carry them has made all the difference in the world, both in my heart and in my home.  In midst of bad news, our home is filled with peace, joy, and even laughter.  I have confidence that God will carry us through.  I have hope.
On Thursday, I attended Celebration Sisterhood gathering at night (I know, I'm addicted). This was one of the worship songs we sang.  If I can express the current condition of my heart through a song, this would definitely be it (from "The Desert Song" by Hillsong):

This is my prayer in the desert
When all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in my hunger and need
My God is the God who provides

This is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flame

I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain
I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

This is my prayer in the battle
When triumph is still on its way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand

All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

1 comment:

  1. you inspire me once again! :0) I so enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete