What God has in store for me in 2010...

"When you come looking for me, you’ll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed. God’s Decree." Jeremiah 29:13-14 (The Message)

I love my life. I love the story God has written for me so far; He is the most creative Author I know. I do not desire to write my own life story. I desire something more extraordinary than what I could ever imagine for myself. In 2010, I want to be more strategic about creating "space" for God to move...and allow Him to make this year more extraordinary than ever before. Lord, this is Your blank canvas; this is Your blank journal. I am only a tool that records Your masterpiece. Do what You do best...produce something extraordinary from this ordinary child. I wait expectantly, with my typing fingers in position :)

Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Wish List

I'm still in the process of posting my first FaithHopeLove story, but there are a couple of events happening next week that I wanted to call everyone's attention to.
The main reason I'm writing today is to ask for your participation in either or both of the two upcoming events our family will be a part of.  This year, more than ever before, God has pressed on my heart that my life is not about the "here and now" - it's not about getting what I want in my life, achieving the American dream, and living for the temporary things that will fade away. It's not even about having a happy family, good friends, and a successful career. Those goals are not bad, but God's purpose for my life goes way beyond that. It's about making a true, lasting difference for God with His love. Allan and I both feel strongly that this is the kind of perspective we desire to instill in our children: it's about giving, not receiving. It's about serving, not being served. It's about making eternal impact, not gaining temporary satisfaction.
Our girls will be right alongside us (in their double stroller) as we participate in these two events, which we believe God will use to make eternal impact in the lives of many.

Please read the description about each event and how you can help in either (or both). Your participation is greatly appreciated. 

Event #1: Light the Night Walk for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society on November 4th
Please visit our team's webpage and read about our friend from church, Dusty Williams. She has recently battled Leukemia and is now in remission. You can donate through our team's webpage.

Event #2: Be Her Freedom Run on November 6th
Slavery and human trafficking still exist in America and all around the world.  Be Her Freedom Run was organized to raise awareness of this crime and to raise funds to rescue young girls who are victims of this crime.  Please visit the Be Her Freedom Run website for more info.  
If you live in the Jacksonville area, please consider participating in this run/walk (you can register through the website).
If you live out of town and would like to donate, please send your donation check to our church address below (please be sure to make a note on your check that it is for Be Her Freedom Run). You can also send a fax to the church with your credit card number.
Celebration Church
P.O. Box 551341
Jacksonville, FL 32255
Fax: 904-737-4705 

We appreciate your support in any capacity. We understand that times are tough for many of us. Please also know that these two events happened to be occurring around the same time - I don't plan to make a habit of using my blog to ask for donations :)
For close families/friends - if you were kind enough to consider giving us a gift for Christmas or birthdays, please consider giving to either event instead and we'll accept them as your gift to us. Thank you!

God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment