What God has in store for me in 2010...

"When you come looking for me, you’ll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed. God’s Decree." Jeremiah 29:13-14 (The Message)

I love my life. I love the story God has written for me so far; He is the most creative Author I know. I do not desire to write my own life story. I desire something more extraordinary than what I could ever imagine for myself. In 2010, I want to be more strategic about creating "space" for God to move...and allow Him to make this year more extraordinary than ever before. Lord, this is Your blank canvas; this is Your blank journal. I am only a tool that records Your masterpiece. Do what You do best...produce something extraordinary from this ordinary child. I wait expectantly, with my typing fingers in position :)

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Whispers of His Love

Here is another article I wrote for our MOPS newsletter. It was a crazy summer, and I wasn't able to blog as much as I wanted to. I'm hoping to spend more time blogging as we enter into a new routine for the fall. 

Isaiah 30:15 (New International Version): In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength.
I had a classic stressed-out-mommy-moment the other day. I was on my way home with my girls after grocery shopping, and it was approaching their naptime.  Some of the groceries needed to go in the fridge immediately, the baby needed to be fed, and the toddler needed to go down for a nap – fast.  Did I also mention how hungry I was? They all required my attention simultaneously. Since I’m not so gifted in multi-tasking, I sort of panicked and felt lost on what to do first. As always, I turned to God. He gave me the right perspective: “Just breathe, do one thing at a time, and remember that in Me you have all the wisdom and strength you need.” God whispered His love to me as I prayed.
A friend from church recently delivered her first baby. Shortly after this joyous occasion, she was told that she had cancer.  She had to send her newborn baby home with other family members, while she stayed at the hospital to begin her battle with cancer. She is starting a blog about walking this journey with God’s strength and grace. Whether we are facing numerous mundane tasks or one giant trial, we all need God’s love to rescue us from our troubles.
God does not shout His love at us.  God asks us to be still (cease striving) and to be in tune to hearing His whispers of love. It may be in a song we hear. It may be in a smile we receive from our kids. It may be in a kiss from our husbands. It may be in an encouraging note from a friend. It may be in the comfort and peace we receive when we cry out to Him…literally. When was the last time you noticed God whispering His love to you? Remember these moments, and look for these moments next time you face any kind of trouble. Our loving Father longs to quiet us with His love (Zeph 3:17), just as we as moms long to quiet our little ones with our love.
Most importantly, the Bible is God’s love letter to us. We can always turn to it and read about how much He loves us. “The righteous person has many troubles, but the Lord rescues him from all of them” (Psalm 34:19).  “I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love which Christ Jesus our Lord shows us” (Romans 8:38).  “For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations” (Psalm 100:5). Bible is clear: God’s love is everlasting. God’s grace is sufficient. God is our ever-present help. God is our strong tower. God is love.
Isaiah 30:18, 19 (New International Version): Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion.  How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you.

No comments:

Post a Comment